To inspire creativity in children, parents need to involve them in creativity. There are so many craft ideas out there that can help you with this. What your child needs is guidance and supervision and they will enjoy a lot of fun creating things that seem useful and beautiful.
Encourage them to try out different things and you will boost their self-esteem thereafter. Thanksgiving is one of the most important public holidays in the country. Its significance can only be felt through the things that you will do as a family. Children learn the importance of such holidays through the things that they do with their parents and the fun they get to enjoy thereafter.
This thanksgiving, think of the many things that you can do with your child/children and the entire family as well in order to excite your children and to show them just how important this day is! When everyone is involved, there is so much fun to be enjoyed and a good opportunity is presented for everyone to bond well. Here are some ideas you should try out this thanksgiving:
A Tabletop Turkey
- Take a paper cup and paint it brown. Turn the cup upside down, and then glue a pom pom at its top, to make the head of a turkey.
- Using construction paper of different colors, cut at least nine leaf shapes and stick them to the back of your turkey.
- Take an orange leaf cut and fold it, then cut it in a triangular shape to make the beak.
- Use a red paper, folded halfway and cut into a heart shape, to make the wattle of the turkey.
- Now glue the wattle and the beak to the pom pom. Add some eyes and glue its feathers for an amazing outcome.
A Thankful String/Chain
Help your child create a string or chain, which will carry a message of what they are thankful for this thanksgiving.
- String some felt balls using a felt needle on a hemp cord of your preferred length. Make a knot on each end in order to keep the balls in place.
- Take five feathers and shape them on their shafts to be of the same size and shape, and then string some wooden beads onto each of the feather shafts.
- Now place a piece of braided cord against each feather shaft. Ensure that it is well secured to the shaft by wrapping it with the hemp cord. Tie as much as needed to secure it well. Do this with all theater feathers.
- With this, everyone in the family can write down what they are most thankful for in a small piece of paper which will then be punched then threaded onto the cording.
- When this is done, trim any excess cording, and then hang it as an amazing decoration as well as a thankful string.
You can create a paper chain in its place, and then everyone will write on the papers what they are most thankful for. Children and adults will have great fun with this.
A Native Necklace
- Make a paper cut, and then remove its top ring. Put two holes at the top of the ring and one hole in the bottom center. You can paint the paper ring to a color of your choice.
- Take a piece of cord of a preferred length, and then put a bead on each of its ends. Make a loop using this cord, and then put each of its ends on each of the paper string’s top holes.
- Put some more beads on the paper string and give it a Y shape. Put two cords through the bottom center hole, and then add a bead in order to keep it in place.
- Finally, fix a feather and a bead to the ends of the cord and you are done.
An Amazing Dixie Garland
- Cut a Dixie cup apart, and then let it lie flat in order to create a template, which will then be traced onto a decorative paper to bring out 7 amazing shapes that can be used to create an astounding swag that will impress everyone.
- String both sides of the decorative paper with a double sided tape.
- Envelop paper around each of the 7 Dixie cup shapes and attach the paper with some tape.
- You can now cut out some letters with a message you want your garland to carry for instance ‘welcome’.
- Glue every letter to the front of every cut shape.
You can now light every cut shape, by pushing some light to the bottom of each of these shapes, in order to shine as they welcome your guests this thanksgiving season.