The best memories for any family are those that have been created with their kids. With proper planning, parents and children alike get to have a great time as they make these memories. It is not easy to come up with an idea that will suit everyone in a family especially if you have kids of different ages, as some prefer something different from the others. However, this does not mean that a family cannot figure something out that works during every holiday. The great thing about holiday ides is they do not have to be expensive either. Here are amazing holiday ideas that fit children of all ages, and their parents:
1. Snow resorts- Whether it is skiing or spending time building snow men, there are lots of activities you can do at a snow resort.
2. A trip across the country- to places with great attractions, with great weather and a place that can accommodate different people in a family setting.
3. Go swimming- this can be done even during winter, thanks to the presence of many heated pools in the country.
4. A trip to a beach town- there are dozens of ocean water and nature activities suitable for children of all ages in different beach towns, both in and out of the country.
5. Go ice skating or roller skating- this is a great way to bond and encourage healthy competition.
6. Cruising- there are kid-friendly ships that offer live entertainment, fun activities and all sorts of food for the entire family.
7. Catch a train to wherever you might want to go and enjoy the ride with your children. If you can get on to a historic steam train, it will be even better.
8. A visit to your childhood background, or where you went for your honeymoon. They will love to hear about the great fun you had as a child or younger person as they see some of the things that you enjoyed so much.
9. An invitation by or for friends- you can have their friends coming over, or allow them to visit their friends this holiday to enjoy some fun together.
10. Water parks- these are always packed with water activities for children of all ages.
11. Make use of the free activities offered in your town. You may find a fantastic fair or parade that will not break the bank.
12. A visit to the zoo- some zoos even permit children to feed the animals. A petting zoo teaches your children how to be gentle with little animals, while also being fun.
13. A visit to the country- if you have friends or relatives in the country, allow your children to visit this holiday to have a glimpse of at least life in the country side.
14. A wild adventure- create a mystery holiday where your kids have to solve clues and figure out the answers to a great mystery.
15. A drive up the mountain- this should be fun for everyone in a family. Once you get to the mountain, you can get out of the car and enjoy a scenic hike.
16. A visit to a theme park- everyone will be excited about this, especially the rides, food, entertainment, music and so much more.
17. An ultimate family break to the city- choose a beautiful city, and have a checklist of all the historic sites you should visit.
18. Geocaching- this is fun for everyone in the family, including parents. Hunt for treasures and leave some treasures behind for someone else to find.
19. A visit to the environmental center- this will be fun and educative especially for school going children.
20. A cultural odyssey- this can be to a country or continent of your choice. It is however suitable for children above 8, at least those who can understand culture really well.
21. Family getaways- to exciting countries like Dubai, which are not only great looking but favorable in terms of weather all year round. There is a lot that you can do while there.
22. A visit to an animal farm- there is a lot to learn for children of all ages in an animal farm. Learn how to milk a cow, or ride horses while there.
23. Bush walking- especially for the older children will be exciting and adventurous.
24. A jungle safari- this will be amazing and adventurous for the school going children.
25. Picnics- let the children organize picnics for everyone, including their friends.
26. Hiking- Have a steps target that you work towards through the holiday.
27. A visit to the planetarium- lovers of nature will find a visit to a building with the image of night sky educative and exciting.
28. Fishing- generally, children love to go fishing.
29. Visit a historical village- it can be fun especially if they have never been to a village in the past.
30. Go on a nature hunt- hunting will be fun for everyone in the family, parents included.